Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

24 August 2011

January Summer Lovin'

I started writing this post back in January....thought though that I would finish writing it and add some pictures and still post! So here goes...
Seriously...what is wrong with me?! I have a BAD case of the WINTER BLUES...or something like that! :( I have been so down in the dumps for no good reason lately. I really needed something to snap me out of my winter blues and MAUI was just the thing!
I left bright and early on the morning of Thursday, Jan 13. I thought my flight to LAX was going to be the hard one to get on...guess I should have thought twice about that. I invited a friend of mine about 5 days before leaving and so the plan was to meet in LA. Her flight came from San Francisco, through LA and to Maui. Perfect! I could easily get on the flight to Maui from LA...or so I thought. Little did I know that they could weight-restrict the flight, even though there were 60 open seats! So I waved Aurora off and told her to have fun with my cousin until I got there to join them. After she departed, I crossed my fingers as I checked flights to see what I could do about getting there sometime that day. After 12 hours of sitting in the LA airport and holding my breath, hoping to be the last person to secure a seat on a later flight to Maui, I was on my way...in first class. I made it there late that night and as I was waiting for my cousin, EmmaLee, to pick me up at the airport, I sat outside, wind brushing across my face and allowed for my winter blues to begin melting away.
We spent the next 4.5 days in pure bliss! Maui was just what I needed. We went to different beaches to soak up the sun and play in the water, went whale-watching, met up with a doctor-friend of mine and his wife at the blow hole, drove to Hana (which by the way, was the most beautiful drive ever!), we swam in the Seven Sacred Pools, ate lots of fish and had a lot of drinks that had the little umbrella in them...and I have had Ziggy Marley stuck in my head since the trip with all the reggae we listened to while driving around places! It was all perfect. Em had recently gone through some trauma with one of her dogs passing away, so it was perfect timing for us to visit; we were all sad that Aurora and I had to go back home. Hoping to go back again soon! Thanks again Em :)

Please enjoy my new favorite song, while you view the fun I had in MAUI (and a whale video)!


Does it get much better?!
Golden hour...my favorite time of the day!
First day at the beach...literally there ALL day
Hiking around Hana
Hana - gorgeous drive, beautiful falls!
Blow hole!


Whale watching - AMAZING!

No comments: