Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

21 March 2011

N'Orleans and the District

I went on a quick little trip to New Orleans a couple weeks ago with one of my best friends, Scarlett, her boyfriend and their baby. It was such a fun, relaxing weekend and the perfect person to be with when mom called (an hour after landing) to tell me that Grandpa Larsen had passed away. I greatly needed the escape and was okay leaving, knowing he'd go while I was gone. It was really hard to say that last goodbye and I cried the entire way to the airport, full of guilt that I was walking away as he passed and not sitting there right next to him. However, that being said, I had been there straight for almost 2 weeks at that point and I literally could NOT do it, emotionally, any longer! Not to mention there was a lot of family there...not to mention, I think mom and Uncle Harold may have pushed me in the car had I said one more time that I shouldn't go. It was nice to have that support and it was the decision that needed to happen. There were people there when he went and I had done everything I could...that is what really mattered to me. After the first evening, of crying a good portion of the flight to New Orleans, getting the phone call and crying some more, I was able to put the emotions on hold, for the most part, and enjoy my time and the 76 degree weather!

Not the greatest video quality (as it was very dark in there)...but a song everyone must hear in New Orleans!

We spent majority our time eating yummy food, listening to live jazz in little dive bars, wandering the cute streets and shops, and admiring the beautiful homes in the Garden District.
Being attacked!
Jazz Brunch

You can't say this isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen! My baby boyfriend and the little Demon that I have come to love. This is Scarlett's little guy...he LOVES me, as you can see in the video!


Scarlett and I also spent some time together a few weekends ago, in Washington, D.C. I was out there visiting friends, doing some job networking/hunting, and taking a break from things at home, the same time she and Billy were in the area. So we met up at the National Botanical Gardens, the Zoo, and a variety of dinners (figures...FOODIES!).
Spanish Tapas Restaurant...with live music
Our bread sticks that looked like joints. We are so mature.
The National Zoo - baby gorilla!
Despite looking awkward, he's still smiling, that's always a plus! :)
Not sure what's going on here? haha
Oh how I miss see Scarlett everyday of my life - stuck in our dungeon room during grad school. It's been nice to spend more time together lately! I love it! One of my two friends that gets me! She understands me and gives me the best advice and I love her to death!

2 comments:

CK said...

Oh, Sherrie, I am sorry for your loss. Mourning is such a terrible thing. But I am glad you got to be with your friend and that baby is A DOLL! I love that video of him kissing all over your face ;) New Orleans looks like a blast. How fun to enjoy the jazz ;)

HB, chica. Luv you!
-CK

Scarlett said...

YES! I love this post. I'm going to submit that video. If it wins a prize, I'll split it with you.

xoxoxo

Scarlett