Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

04 December 2008

gEttInG uP to DaTe

Alright, I'm posting a bunch of stuff, getting updated all at once! First of all, ToMoRRoW!!! As some of you know, I have applied for an internship with the Pan American Health Organization(PAHO), which is a branch of the World Health Organization. Anyway, they emailed and I have an interview tomorrow!! I am so excited, yet SO nervous! It's a phone interview, which sucks cause I have a brutal cough right now! But also I don't want to sound like a fool talking to all these men that are experts within my field of study and have worked with it in the top organizations and at all the prestigious universities...it's just SO intimidating!! So I am very nervous, but so excited...mostly excited that it's even gone as far as it has in the process. It's pretty difficult to obtain an internship with those larger organization and they have written all over their sites basically saying you will only be contacted if they are REALLY interested in you. So I'm thrilled I've gotten as far as I have! So wish me luck!! If I don't post anything in the next month about it, you can assume I didn't get it! ha ha
As for the rest of the update...just going to post some pictures from Thanksgiving, which was wonderful being with family, the Nutcracker that Jessica was in, and a few pics from my cousin Brad's funeral (the fam...love them)! And of course...drum roll please.......I CHOPPED MY HAIR!!! Okay, so now some of you may look at pictures and think, "Sherrie, it's still long!" However, let's be honest, I never have short hair...maybe four times in my life. So this is short for me, especially considering how long my hair was!

ThAnkSgIvInG


Can you tell Jackson's the only grandchild in the family?!


My new HaIrCuT


The Nutcracker



Brad's Funeral


Almost all of my mom's siblings...minus two (not very often most of them are altogether like this)

11 comments:

Yatesfam said...

Your haircut is so cute! And congrats on the interview. Hope it goes well for you. Oh and I think I thought about commenting about your cousin but can't remember if I did. I am so sorry to hear about that. You guys all look so cute at his funeral. I hope it was a beautiful day for you....hope that doesn't sound too weird but although grieving is hard I love that we know what we know and can in a celebrate their life. Hope that makes sense. If you need anything let me know! i am always there for you...

Michael and Staci said...

Cute haircut! Good luck on your interview! :-)

caitlin said...

CUTE HAIR! (no surprise, you are always darling) Good luck with the interview.

malibumoons said...

GOod to hear what you are up to. Way cute haircut! Good luck on your interview.

Rox & Bryan said...

I love your haircut it looks so cute! Good luck with the interview hopefully you will do amazing! It's been awhile since I have seen you though we should all get together soon
Later
Rox

Nate and Nicole said...

Ok I like the hair. There I said it. I really do though. Hey I have someone I want to set you up with... call me.

miquelle and cody said...

Sherrie, I saw your blog on Malia's. You look GREAT! It is fun to see what you are up to. Good luck with your interview. (check this out www.davishighclassof2001.blogspot.com)
Miquelle

The Daltons said...

LOVE the hair, girl!! But let's be honest, you would even look hot with a buzz cut. I want to hear how the interview went! I hate phone interviews.....

Kelli said...

Cute hair, you saucy little thing! Are you going to the Christmas party? Can't wait to see ya!

The Lambs said...

PAHO?! Wow! SO when I'm done with kids can I come join you there?! Sherrie way to go!!! Best of luck with the interviews

Nate and Nicole said...

Sorry for no dinner invitation... I wasn't the one that planned it. I wish you would have come!! Hey, did you get that job?