Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

14 February 2009

RaNdOm FuN, EaSt CoAst StYle!

Intercourse, Chocolate, and Gettysburg...sounds like an interesting day to me! haha Okay, it's not supposed to sounds dirty by all means! I went with a few of the girls I couch-sat for the first week or two I was in D.C. to Intercourse, PA. We rented a van for the day and drove up and hung out with the Amish in Pennsylvania for a minute and then went and toured the Hershey chocolate factory in Hershey, Pennsylvania. After that we drove through Gettysburg in the dark on the way home. It was so much fun! Love these girls!

Our beautiful mini van for the day....
Amish man, "how many kids you got there with ya in that van?" Lisa's reply, "oh about 7, but they're all my size!" Thanks mama Lisa for driving!



Taking a buggy ride around the area and learning about the Amish!


On our buggy ride


Making gingerbread men at the little Amish village store


Gathering around the free samples...yum!


WELCOME TO CHOCOLATE LAND!!


Hershey factory...guzzling the chocolate!


The girls from apt 204 and their couch sitter!



There was only one casualty! Poor Becky, our fallen soldier!

Gettysburg in the dark! Still was cool though :)

3 comments:

The Jeridans said...

Looks like you are having a great time!!! I might be out that way in May so I will be sure and look you up; that is if you're still there. :)

Allison Holt said...

Sherrie... It looks like you had a great day... I would have been trouble at the hershey factory....I LOVE chocolate:) I hope all is going well... and I think you need to come home now!!!!

Chris and Janell Sorensen said...

yeah, I am glad you are loving D.C. I miss you here though. Have fun and then hurry back...