Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

20 June 2010

I've always been quite the "Daddy's girl". I have a really great relationship with both of my parents and love both of them equally, but both for very different reasons. On this Father's Day, I feel so lucky to have such a great dad. He's the most patient man I know, continually showing kindness and love to everyone, even those he doesn't agree with or could easily shun. He is a man that take the higher road and cares so much about the well-being of others, especially his family. He's a loving and caring father that sacrifices so much of what he wants to make his children happier.

When others tell me how great my dad is, I can honestly say back, "he really is; he's a really, really good guy." He's my favorite person to talk with about politics, religion, and any other hot topic, not only because he's a great conversationalist, but also because he is very open minded, yet grounded. He has a great perspective on things and tries to see both sides of the picture...and is patient in listening to my slightly more liberal thoughts. Whenever I get stumped in conversation or someone asks a question I can't answer, or I want to know about something, I almost ALWAYS call my dad. I feel, at time, that he is a walking encyclopedia, full of a wealth of knowledge that I could never dream of ever obtaining! He once told me, he often will just look things that I ask up online as we are chatting, so he can better answer it. However, I still feel that he's got endless knowledge and I like that it always gives me an excuse to call him up at any time of the day.

 
 At times I know the sacrifice is a lot for him, but always greatly appreciated! My daddy is such a great guy! Happy father's day, Dad! I love you!

2 comments:

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

Great post!! You do have a WONDERFUL dad! Love you Uncle Don!

Ohiane said...

Sherrie!! that's so beautiful what you have writen. I do agrre that your dad is amazing. He reminds me of my dad.. that's why, when I was Utah I conected so well with him and also with your mom.
I love your family!!! you are very lucky!