Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

14 February 2011

Yup, this is totally how I feel about Valentine's day (single or attached). I think it is silly to have a "holiday" to celebrate your love for someone. Shouldn't that be done every day of the year? I don't know. I do have to say though that after helping my friend's boyfriend surprise her tonight and seeing her melt into his arms and appear to be so excited by such a great surprise, I was slightly envious I didn't have a date of some sort. I don't admit to that very often, even if it's something I am feeling. I think part of that could be the high emotions taking their toll on me lately - between everything going on at home, with Grandpa, to my most recent "heart-break" left in Baltimore, just to be friend for now (yes, one more reason to push for a big/permanent move back to D.C.). Anyway, such is life. I am a big girl and have my big girl panties on...spending the rest of my so-called romantic night writing cover letters and hitting the sack early, so I can get up and get to the gym.

No comments: