Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

31 May 2009

Pomp & Circumstance

It was a bittersweet Memorial Day weekend: Friday evening (Division of Public Health's Commencement) and Saturday morning (School of Medicine's Commencement) as I entered the University of Utah campus my last time...as a STUDENT. It's hard to believe that after 7 years of paying the U an arm and a leg, my blood, sweat and tears....and my soul...that I am FINISHED. I spent 5 beautiful years as an undergad and 2 more laboring years as a grad student, with hard work under my belt, wonderful memories and came out with the BEST FRIENDS anyone could ever ask for!! Despite all the frustrations and stress, I have loved almost every minute of it!
After battling a botched engagement a year ago, I wondered if my schooling had been worth it. I was asked to give it up to make things work, but can honestly say today that I am SO grateful that I didn't. I couldn't be at a better place in my life and am so proud of myself for finishing it out. I did what I needed to do and what has made me the happiest, ultimately. I am officially Miss Sherrie Staley, M.P.H! I love the ring of that! Next step is definitely to add a PhD to that, but first to get some experience under my belt and some of the student loan debt out of the way! Now if only I could find a sugar daddy for that! haha


MPH BFFs (Scarlett and Rebecca...love these ladies)

The crew - some of my fellow classmates and friends

Being hooded (too bad it's blurry!)




Chief of the program and the professor that inspired me to go into Public Health during our trip to Africa back in 2006


Mis padres y yo...such a great support to me!

My sisters and one brother and his wife came


Dad felt it necessary I sit on the red rock for my picture haha

13 comments:

CK said...

Congrats my Lady! You ARE AWESOME!

Julie said...

Congrats Sherrie! You're amazing!

beckyallen5 said...

Congrats! You deserve the accolades! It was fun to see pics of your family as well! Hope you have nothing but the best coming your way! Good luck with it all!

Jenny Alama said...

sherrie! that is so fantastic! congrats!!! you look beautiful as ever and ready to hit the world! it has no idea what's coming... love ya girl!

Michael and Staci said...

You are amazing and I'm so happy for you! I know (from supporting my hubby while he did his Masters) that is takes A TON of work but it's so worth it! I hope you are able to find a great job after your summer travels. :-)

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

Your pictures are great! What an accomplishment. Now to conquer life at its best! WE love you and say HURRAY for you!

Nate and Nicole said...

Way to go smartie pants.

Abs and Me said...

Congratulations again Sherrie! That is so exciting! Good for you for sticking the schooling thing out! Look where it's taken you!!!!
Still miss you here at the hospital, but I definitely wish I was in your shoes and finished with school, instead of starting up again!!!

The Jeridans said...

Congrats Sher!!! That's awesome.

Janessa said...

That is awesome Sherrie. we could not be happier for you. I wish that I was at that point in my life, were i was finishing school. keep in touch with us.

The Hilton Family~ said...

Hey Sherrie~ Congrats on graduation! That is so exciting. What an amazing feeling that must be. This is Amanda Hilton from the Hospital(LDS and IMC) I found your blog on Michelle Dalton's so i decided to say "Hi". I have a blog as well, but it is private. I would love to keep in touch with what you are up to. E-mail if you would like, i would love to send you an invite:)
amanda.hilton@hotmail.com

Natalie said...

Congratulations! You are amazing.

Brook Parker said...

Hey girl! I saw you had a blog on facebook, so I decided to come see it! Congrats on graduating!!