Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

01 May 2009

SuRpRiSe

Me+possible pandemic+PAHO/WHO+long hours and scrambled brain=JOB!!!
That's right. I am now officially employed with the United Nations! Talk about being in the right place at the right time! What a dream!! I have been doing my internship with the World Health Organization's regional office, the Pan American Health Organization and with the current "New Influenza H1N1" (aka "Swine Flu") outbreak, I have been hired on as a temp till things slow down. So my time in DC is up in the air. Not sure how long I will be here for. For now, I am planning till the end of May. If they extend, then I will be here longer! Finally, real money! I'm an adult, getting paid adult salary. Crazy, eh? I'm thinking maybe they hired me on though cause of my amazing skills on camera - check this news clip out (and pay close attention around 1:30)

6 comments:

Yatesfam said...

WOW! You are famous ;). That is so cool they hired you on. Congrats. Hope everything continues to go well for you.

Mary said...

That's awesome! You're so professional! :o)

The Jeridans said...

Congrats!!! You'll have to keep me posted on your return date.

Allison Holt said...

YAH!!! For you! I'm so happy for you!!! But It sucks we can't hangout anymore:(

Michael and Staci said...

Congrats! So are you flying home for graduation and coming back? That's so cool you were on the news. :-)

Brittany said...

wooo wooo..look at you on tv..that was hilarious sherrie...congratulations! p.s. will you text me your new number... i got a new phone and i lost a whole bunch of numbers that weren't on my SIM. thanks.