Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

09 March 2010

A Tribute to Women


HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!!
March 8, 2010

Today is International Women’s Day! In fact, it is the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day. It’s a date that is much better known abroad but is slowly gaining more attention in the United States as well.

"Just over a hundred years after the first Women’s Day in 1909, the world certainly has much to celebrate. But this homage to women’s social, political and economic empowerment rings hollow to most women around the world, who battle to gain basic rights to education, access to healthcare, and minimal power over their own lives. I am moved by the challenges they face, inconceivable to those of us privileged enough to live in a more developed country; we should turn a day like today into a reminder that we cannot afford to focus solely on our own issues" (Carla Bruni-Sarkozy).





I was looking at last year's post I did for International Women's Day. I got thinking about how lucky I am to be surrounded by such beautiful, wonderful women! Also, how grateful I am to be able to continually get travel and meet new and empowering women from all over the world, I am able to learn so much from them!


I feel so lucky and blessed to be a woman. I know it may sounds cheesey, or cliche, but seriously! Women are the heart of society – earners, caregivers, nurturers, drivers of change and I am proud to be a part of that force.

It is our shared responsibility to help ensure that our sisters in developing countries also have access to the basic rights and services that most of us have the luxury to take for granted. By investing in women, we are investing in the health and development of families, of communities, and ultimately of entire countries.

TAKE SOME TIME TODAY...

TO REMEMBER

ALL THE BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING

WOMEN
IN YOUR LIFE!!!

1 comment:

Steph and Andrew said...

um, I'm only in one of those pictures. What the hell?