Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

08 November 2010

Last Friday, I received a phone call from my old boss at PAHO, requesting some extra short-term help at the EOC (Emergency Operation Center). After talking things over with my current boss, I have been able to work things out to head back to DC for a few weeks to help out! The situation in Haiti has been keeping them extra busy and with the hurricane that hit last week, they have anticipated that the Cholera will continue to escalate. So, I am out of here on Wednesday! I will be one busy girl for a few weeks, trying to continue my responsibilities as the Adult Viral Hepatitis Prevention Coordinator here in Utah, as well as taking on responsibilities for a few weeks at PAHO. I am excited though to jump back on board with my old crew and be back in the DC area for longer than a few days. What a great opportunity!

No comments: