Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

28 October 2008

ScHooL!

This post is putting me at record postings in a week I think! And I still have a few other things I want to post about! Anyway, but I saw this on a friend/classmate of mine, on her blog and thought it was very appropriate and approving to how I feel right now about school! ha ha It has been midterms and I have been so on edge on so stressed out! Two of my classes are data analysis type of classes and WHOA! It's just intense and tedious and even though I do love school and love my program, I have just been feeling SO burned out the past few weeks.

PLUS, on top of that, I had been planning to apply to a PhD program at Tulane...the only program in the entire country that I could find that I REALLY wanted to do a PhD at. It was SO fitting...it not only had the International Public Health, but it combined that with International Development. The classes within the program are SO awesome and the professors have SO much experience in the Global Health realm. Anyway, my friend Scarlett and I called down there the other day to get the rest of the info we needed before submitting our applications...bad news! :( Turns out they only accept people into the PhD program that have at minimum 1-2 years of experience! I am so bummed! So I guess now it's back to the idea of having to enter the "real world" when I graduate this spring and work full time. It's going to be sad and really strange not being in school full time and not even really having the option of it until I get some field experience. BOO!! Oh well..such is life! Anyway...here is the vid I wanted to post that I thought was so great! haha


via videosift.com

2 comments:

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

This will be good for you. And now you have something to work toward. So plunge in and take a good long swim in the real world. It's not as bad as it sometimes appears.

malibumoons said...

that video totally hits home to me. Can't wait till hubby is done with grad school...although it won't be for another five years! Yikes!