Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

13 December 2009

ALL NEW!

HIV/AIDS prevention services, surveillance, treatment and care; tuberculosis control/refugee health services; hepatitis C control and sexually transmitted disease control and elimination. Yup, this is what my NEW JOB entails! As of tomorrow, I will be with Bureau of Epidemiology at the Utah Department of Health. Although it isn't Washington, D.C. or NYC, like I had been hoping for, it is still a job, using my degree. So for now, this is what I'll be doing! I'm going to stick around the hospital as well a bit longer (I know, y'all are thinking, "SHERRIE!!! Quit already! Escape while you can!). I have really enjoyed the people I work with there though and need the extra cash right now, so I'm keeping my Sundays at least for a couple months.

I have also recently acquired a new HAIR COLOR - I have left my blonde forces and joined the Brunette crews! It's fun, not going to lie! Definitely miss the blonde, but for now, very happy with the brunette!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Love your hair. I am a recent brunette as well. I may go back to blonde next summer, but I'm enjoying the change for now. Have fun, er, learn a lot of cool stuff at your new job!

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

Congratulations! This sounds like it will be a graet job. Of course, until you're able to go East. I got your message, but I need your # to return your call. I copied it from Ken's phone and put it in wrong. Would you mind sending me a text? Then I will gladly return your voicemail. Losing my phone contacts is and has been FRUSTRATING! Can't wait to see your hair at the X-Mas Party! Looks fabulous as always : )

CK said...

Way cool! Somehow I missed this post before... anyway, congrats on the new job!!!