Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

26 December 2009

I miss Romania. A lot. This past week marks the 20th anniversary of the revolution that brought down communism in Romania, so it has been in the news, which has mad me miss it even more! Romania, over the years, has kinda become my home away from home. I love it there and miss living there. I always keep my eyes open for public health jobs there so I can go back for awhile. I have so many dear friends there that I miss so much too. Anyway, I am happy to see how much the country has prospered over the years, but especially looking at some of the video clips...to see how far the country has come!

This clip is of the Presidential Palace. It's quite interesting...was never finished. I have toured it a few times...still blows my mind!!



This is graphic, fyi. Good story documentation of the revolution, fall of communism, and execution of the Ceausescu's.



I love seeing stories like this. This actually brought a bit of a tear to my eye when she tells how she survives in the orphanage. My orphan babies that I worked with in Romania did the same thing - it's called Reactive Attachment Disorder. I miss my babies :( I again, am happy to see that the orphanages have improved drastically over the years, but think it's SO sad that it is still socially acceptable to abandon babies...

1 comment:

Abs and Me said...

Wow! I really had no idea! Thanks for opening my eyes a little! I hope you had a great Christmas Sherrie! I'll miss seeing you around the hospital!!!