Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

10 July 2008

The 4th of JULY

I had a fantastic fourth this year..a little eventful, but it was wonderful to be in the states for it! It's been years since I've been around on the 4th of July...usually out of the country. I spent most of the day with family and it was so much fun to be with them! We started out the morning with the annual neighborhood breakfast! I LOVE all my neighbors that I grew up with...they are amazing and I love getting to see them...esp my bff's, Spenc, Chewy, Nicole and Em. Good times! After the breakfast we went down to my sister-in-law's mom's house for the Kaysville parade. I don't know if you knew, but the K-town parade is the best! It's so much fun! They have the traditional parade, but then the last half is a big water section where you can water fight with the parade. Well, my family, and the Thompson and Patane families get pretty into it and we have SO much fun! Unfortunately this year there were a couple incidents that ruined the fun. A 10yr old was partially run over by one of the parade trailers right in front of us and apparently another boy right ahead of this incident a few minutes later. They ended up life flighting the poor little guy...but good news, he was released the next day with minimal damage! I'm happy that he's okay. Here's a pic of me, Jason and Niki helping at the accident.
So after the parade, we went back to my parent's house and just relaxed and I was able to spend some time with my super cute nephew, Jackson! Hmmmm I LOVE HIM! He's getting so big and his personality is really starting to shine through...he's such a crack up!


That night I watched the Davis fireworks with the Richins and my family and then headed to the Lloyds to visit with some friends. Afterwards was able to spend time with some of my SL friends that were in Farmington. We had a great time and I just love the 4th of July!

2 comments:

Katie said...

The Kaysville parade is TOTALLY the best!

Way to be on the scene helping the poor kid!

Brittany said...

looks like you guys had a blast!! I love your family...:) p.s. when are you leaving? call me before you go...love ya.