Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

15 March 2009

BEWARE! This is LONG!

Alright, so here is the whirlwind catch-up post, along with the other posts I have posted the past few days...so please, beware!! So much to say, so much to do...now you have so much to read!

First of all, I am a little homesick (not homesick really, but just have been missing family and friends a lot). I was going through my photos and realized I never blogged about one of the funnest nights I have had thus far in 2009! The week before I left for D.C., I spent the night out with a few close classmates and two of my favorite cousins, Paul and Janell! Well, after dinner, Paul, Janell and myself were planning to have a cousin slumber party at grandma's house. We stopped by the store, picked up some ice cream and a few other things, after which we headed to G&G Larsen's house. They were sitting at the kitchen table when we came in, so we just sat there and chatted up a storm with them (mostly Grandma, with Grandpa doing all the listening and inserting his thoughts every now and again). Well, the three of us happened to be chewing bubble gum...I'm talking HUBBA BUBBA bubble gum. We got going with the bubbles and blowing all sorts of big bubbles, getting the gum stuck on our faces and laughing pretty hard about it. It took about ten minutes of this before Grandma finally gave in! She grabbed the gum, after eyeing it while she was working on her bills, and popped a piece in. Can i just tell you that it had been a LONG time since i had laughed that hard!?! She was so frustrated cause she "promised she was a better bubble-blower" and wanted to know what happened to those skills. She finally got going with the bubbles though once her gum warmed up a bit! I thought for a brief moment, after about 30 minutes of laughing, picture-taking, bubble-popping and gum-smacking that Grandpa was going to pop a piece...sadly though, he didn't. Man, I LOVE my family! I've got the best grandparents and my cousins are my best friends...i love them :)





My sad face. Majority of the night I couldn't get any BIG bubbles out of my gum!

Grandma trying to warm up to her gum


Grandpa, contemplating whether or not to have a piece

Funniest photo of the night. Janell's hand, but looks like Paul's! haha


SO FUNNY!!! She finally got it and she made sure we all knew!

Smoking the gum?!


The second update....my wonderful trip to the Big Apple! I met up with some high school friends up in NYC over Valentine's Day weekend. My friend JC started his own toy business, selling ZOOBIES (http://zoobies.com/). He came up with the idea and now markets them all over the world! Genius!! He and a few other friends, among others, were in town to help him at the toy fair...so i went up and spent the funnest weekend, mostly with Rachelle, but with all the others too! We spent the our mornings/early afternoons at the toy fair, which was quite fun! We dressed up and paraded around in the zoobie costumes, helped sell the zoobies to companies, and just had a good time catching up! In the evenings Rachelle and I would usually venture off and do our own thing (mostly shopping and eating) but went out with the others here and there as well. We were also able to meet up with Mariah (another h.s. friend) for a bit, which was nice.



And last but not least...D.C.! I think Nicole is going to kill me if I don't post more pictures. So this is for everyone, but mostly for Nicole!! :) I went last Saturday and had ME day! The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! No jacket, 73 degrees, and Washington D.C. - what more could I ask for!?! It was fantastic! I did a HUGE circle around D.C., just trying to connect it all. I usually take the metro, so it was nice to get out in the nice weather and pin point everything and see how it was all connected. I started at the WWII Memorial Monument and walked the National Mall. Then walked past my office and over to the Kennedy Center, where I met up with a friend. We then walked up Pennsylvania till we got back to the Mall. WOW! Such a good time...

After those pictures, the beauty of working with a bunch of Latinos! I get to go Salsa dancing at least once a week with people that KNOW how to dance! I love it. There is a little restaurant/bar/dance club that they all go to often. We went there this past week to celebrate a few birthdays.













A night of SALSA!

The birthday kids!




7 comments:

The Jeridans said...

Looks like you're having an awesome time. We will definitely have to hook-up when you get back, it's been forever. BTW, Happy B-day at the end of the month! :)

Jenny Alama said...

i am so jealous! you look like you're having SO much fun. and i LOVE dc! seeing those pictures makes me want to go back right now even more!

Nate and Nicole said...

Thank you. It's about friggin time.

Michael and Staci said...

I loved all of your pictures! I'm sorry you are getting a bit homesick for family, but I'm glad that you are enjoying DC. Happy Birthday on Monday!! :-)

Michael and Staci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself and getting to do so many fun things. Yes, I'm jealous too!

Brittany said...

Sherrie! Happy Birthday yesterday! How does it feel to be older? You might be older & wiser but remember i will always be younger and better looking...lol. jk. I just wanted to comment on here...just in case i didn't have the right number..:) Sorry i didn't call you yesterday..i just started tending again and it was a little crazy. p.s. i can't believe your hair is so short!!! it looks adorable!