Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

29 March 2009

BiRtHdAy TiMe!!

This time of year makes me beam from ear to ear! I LOVE the spring!! Of course I love it, partially cause it's birthday month, and let's be honest, everyone loves their birthday...at least a little bit. It's a good excuse to feel okay about being pampered for the day! It is also a good excuse to be with friends and family. And another good excuse to start fresh! Forget new years! I hate the idea of New Years; making resolutions and all. But my birthday, I love thinking of it how most people think of New Years. A FRESH START! And no better way to start than during spring.



I had a fabulous birthday this year, I have to say. However, it was a little bittersweet. My first birthday away from home, believe it or not. This is sad cause I almost share a birthday with my dad. His is the day after mine, so we always have a joint family party. I was able to talk to both my mom and dad, about 20 times on my birthday!! Ha ha they were doing my taxes...hence, the phone calls...thanks to both of you :)

My roommates took me out on Saturday night for my birthday. We had some great El Salvadorian food in my favorite area of DC (Adams Morgan) and just walked around the area after dinner.







On my actual birthday, my unit at work threw me a nice little surprise birthday party, which I loved, and thought was so nice of them! Afterward, I left work and met up with my friends Lisa, Laurie and Christyn and went to a nice Ethiopian restaurant! It was perfect! You sit on these little stools and eat out of one big communal type of bowl with your fingers! I loved it :) For a girl that has been such a picky eater all of her life...I eat some WEIRD food!! (I'll have to put the pics up later when I get them from the girls) After dinner, we went back to Apt 204 (the apt where I got to couch sit while I was homeless, also these girls' humble abode). We invited all the boys from down the hall over and we had cake/rice crispy treats and ice cream and then just laid around and played a little personality analysis sort of game.
I couldn't have asked for a better birthday! I have such great friends and family. I feel SOOO loved! I got so many birthday calls, cards, and message...thank you so much!!!


No comments: