Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

07 May 2010

Ahhh...I feel so renewed, so happy, so fulfilled! I attended the University of Utah's Global Health Conference yesterday, BYU's Global Family Health Conference two weeks ago, and my RESULTS meeting today! It is so invigorating sitting in a room full of people that are equally, or more, passionate about the same things that I am. I love it! Honestly, there are few things that give me that much happiness; being involved makes my heart smile :)

Yesterday's conference had an amazing line up of speakers, including one of the doctors that I had the privileged of working with 3 summers ago while I was in Ghana.

The Global Health Conference at BYU, included one of my dearest and sweetest acquaintances, Dr Socorro Gross, who I had the honor of working with when I worked with PAHO. It was fun to see her here in Utah and spend my lunch talking with her and trying to figure out how we were going to get me back out to DC! 

It's been so great to catch up with old friends that are so inspiring. Also so stimulating to sit and listen to other people that are so passionate about Global Health. Sir Michael Marmont was one of those people. What an inspiring and motivating man. It was great to meet him, in person, as he doesn't often speak at conference outside of UN Summit Meetings.
I learned a lot through the conferences and look forward to learning more and the upcoming conferences that I will be attending (in the near future - UPHA {Utah Public Health Association} Conference and then in June, the Global Health Conference in Washington, D.C.).
Yay! I feel like such a nerd right now that I feel so fulfilled by stuff like this. I love it though! haha

No comments: