Pages

How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Big problems are composed of smaller, albeit interconnected, problems. Solving the smaller problems will have an implication on the larger problems.

05 May 2010

Spring Madness!

Here is my SPRING madness update!

MARCH was full of loads of fun, as it should be! I love the spring time, although, being in Utah at this time of year, generally means a taste of spring, followed by my spring fever being smashed by a few big snow storms. I can't wait to live somewhere where spring actually happens when it is supposed to. None of this winter during the spring nonsense!

Well, my little sister left on her mission, so the beginning of March was spent with family. The weekend before Karen left, we did a girl's night with just my mom, me and my two sisters. We went to dinner at the Pizza Factory, followed by a little shopping at the Gateway and a movie, Valentine's Day. We never do anything like that, so it was fun to spend time with just the girls!

The following Tuesday evening, Karen was set apart as a missionary after we ate dinner and we all then said our goodbyes. I wasn't overly sad she was leaving, because I am in DC so often, so I feel like I will be seeing her in a few short months. Is that horrible? It sounds terrible, but isn't meant to be! I will miss her, most definitely, but again, am sure I can take her to lunch next time I make a stop in DC.


Then there was St Patty's Day. I decked myself out in green, as much as I could last minute and ran to meet up with friends. We had a great time celebrating in our green, but had even more fun people watching and observing all the crazy green outfits!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
I have such great family and friends that threw me all sorts of great parties! My good friend from high school, Angie, came over and had dinner on my birthday with my family. Ang has yet to miss a birthday since we were 16 years old! We only see each other about twice a year - our birthdays are exactly 6 months apart, so that is always are excuse to make sure we see each other at least the 2 times a year. I then was able to meet up with a few other good friends following dinner. What a grand day! That weekend, my good friend, Marina, threw me a happening birthday party! We had such a great time and even had a pinata! Unfortunately, my camera was stolen or somehow misplaced during all of this and I lost all the pictures :(


I'm so happy to have such a great birthday helper!


In addition to the birthday parties and birthday frenzy, I purchased myself an expensive birthday gift. I wish I could say it was a cool trip or something like that. Unfortunately, I made a trip to my annual eye apt, just to find out that my left eye is slowly beginning to fail me...just enough that I had to purchase my first pair of glasses - EVER! Had I known this was going to happen, I would have added an optical plan into my insurance! Oh well, at least my new specs are cute and I only have to wear them on occasion!

APRIL
Happy Birthday to my Grandma Staley! If she was still alive, she would have turned 90 years old on the 1st! I thought about her a lot that day. Her birthday is quite easy to remember, seeing how it is on April Fool's Day. As I drove to work on Apr 1, I was thinking about how someone can be gone for so long, yet you can still miss them SO much from time to time. Today (and while I was thinking of her on her bday), I miss Grandma a lot. I had such a personal relationship with her. I was her oldest Granddaughter and feel lucky to be one of only five grand-kids, because I was able to have a lot of quality, one-on-one time with her. I sure do love her and sure do miss her so much!!
EARTH DAY 2010 fell into the month of April. I was going to do a posting about this, but completely ran out of time! So, you may link to my posting from 2009 instead :) Happy Earth Day!!

April was a month full of some fun concerts! I took Jessica to her first concert, ever! The tickets were cheap, so last minute, Heather, Jessica and I grabbed some and decided to go! We went for a quick dinner, missing half of the show, but made it just in time for TRAIN to perform! It was kind of funny, cause Train was popular when Heather and I were in high school, but then dropped out of the loop for awhile. They recently have made a comeback and now are popular again. So Jessica knew all their new music, while Heather and I jammed out to all the old music.

Train was a lot of fun...and followed by another fun night: Michael Faranti! Woot woot! This man is incredible! I met him last year at the CARE International Conference. I only recently made the connection that the song I was loving on the radio was from the man I met at the conference. Anyway, he played at the University of Utah a week or two ago and it was SO fun!



No comments: